Modern day warriors are champions! They know very well that in order to be in tip top shape they must keep their minds sharp and focused. Warriors know that we have been given this life to achieve certain goals and learn lessons that are essential to spiritual growth. Knowing this, warriors are kind to not only others, but to themselves. They do not beat themselves up if they temporarily veer off course in pursuit of health, relationships and their dreams, but instead nurture their well-being by truly loving themselves. Loving yourself means having a great appreciation for your entire self and having the perseverance to do whatever it takes to fulfil tasks to achieve everything that is needed for personal well-being, peace and happiness. In order to have warrior-mind status, you must demand the very best for yourself and constantly evolve all facets of health.
Your physical health together with emotional and mental health create your quality of life. Our inner thoughts and beliefs tell our cells how to function. You must release all fears and beliefs that create the reality that you do not deserve good health or that good health does not last forever.
Positive affirmations practised daily are useful to change your thinking. Affirmations do not have to be long or complex and they need to be said in the present tense. My favourite affirmations for health are,
- ‘I radiate good health’
- ‘I love my healthy, strong body’
- ‘My cells are always re-generating and working towards optimum health’
- ‘I deserve great health and I accept this now’
- ‘My body will always be capable to do whatever I want it to’
- ‘My body is amazing and I love it’
It is not enough to only say affirmations. In order to change and live in a body that is always healthy and vibrant, you must consciously change the way you think throughout the day and only choose to exhibit health promoting behaviours.
Warrior thought patterns
- ‘I love my life with all it’s ups and downs. Nothing is too hard for me. Life is easy’
- ‘I have the mental strength and physical capability to triumph all roads I choose in life’
- ‘I expect to win because I know I have the talents and strength to do so’
- ‘It is easy for me to change a thought pattern’
- ‘I deserve health, happiness and prosperity. Success is my divine right’
- ‘I appreciate natural and clean, whole food. Sugar, refined oils and processed food are not conductive to good health and so they do not appeal to me’
- ‘If I am emotional I do not turn to food or do anything to jeopardise goals for my body. I allow myself to feel the full extent of my feelings and then let go. I know that bad feelings do not last forever’
- ‘I absolutely love my body. My body is a gift and I always make the most of it each day. I love getting up early to eat a healthy breakfast and go for a walk outside to spend time in nature if I know I will be inside for most part of the day’
- ‘I am kind and generous to others. I know that everything I put out comes back to me. I want the very best for myself, so I only choose to encourage and see the good in others.
How to turn around your thoughts
Changing a thought can be easy. Any perceived restriction on adjusting a thought pattern stems from fear and not loving yourself. Start affirming that ‘it is easy for me to change a thought pattern’. Also be sure to watch your thoughts. Filter every idea, attitude or belief that floats through your brain during the day. If you notice a negative thought, rephrase it in your mind and believe it to be true. As Louise L. Hay states, ‘the point of power is always in the present moment’. You can change how you think right this moment. It is not enough just to say your affirmations once a day then behave however you like. You must walk the talk and make small steps consistently throughout the day to enlighten yourself.
When you get to the stage where you begin believing and valuing yourself completely or mostly than the opposite of such, making the right food choices, getting lean and staying healthy will be a breeze. You will effortlessly choose clean, whole foods to eat because you love how fantastic a Paleo approach to eating and living makes you feel. Your body deserves it so start right now.
The Ultimate Key To Success
The ultimate key to success is discipline! Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.
Whether or not you transform your body and get it to that next level will come down how you implement the strategies required to get lean and build muscles.
Top level athletes know this. For instance they,
- Eat clean each day, week after week, only choosing to have ‘free’ meals when their body has earned it and when it will be mostly beneficial in promoting adaptations at the cellular level for fat loss and muscle gain, i.e. carb cycling.
- Get plenty of quality, uninterrupted sleep. Turn off your phone and put it away when you go to bed. The world will carry on without you and you are not obligated to reply to every text, call or email straight away. You have a life!
- Learn to say no! It is ok to decline a social invitation or other forms of requests if you do not have the time or mind space to full-fill them.
- Educate themselves on topics that will assist them on their journey, for example, refreshing ones memory on the mechanisms of ketosis for fat loss and why it’s the most effective way to get lean.
- Only associating with like-minded people and maintaining friendships with others who have similar goals. Do not waste your time with emotional vampires who drain your energy. The road to brilliant success will be more challenging if you take on negative vibrations from others.
- Expect to succeed and you will. If you believe you will win, you definitely will. This is a no brainer because you will make it that there is no other way for it to be.
- Lastly, you should know that when you begin to value yourself to the highest degree and demand success because you know it’s your birthright, all these points will happen easily and naturally.
- This is how I conduct myself and live my life. I always thought that I was lucky because I know that everything I do, I do well and I always end up with what I set out to get. But I now understand that it is not luck. It is determination, a desire to never give up on what I want most and a sense of appreciating everyone else around me and wanting them to rise with me and realise their dreams too.
How Warriors Attract Abundance!
Warriors know how to have it all. They understand that to have their best chance at making the most of this life they need to be enriched by everything that life has to offer them. One thing modern day warriors do each day is write a journal or make a mental running list of everything they are grateful for each day.
One of the best ways to attract abundance in your life is to practise gratefulness. Instead of focusing on what you don’t have, count your blessings and realise how much you appreciate everything you have in your life. This could be your good health, loving relationships, true friendships, fun experiences, fulfilling job roles and nutritious food, which all fall under the umbrella of prosperity.
It is really easy to notice all the things others have in their lives. There will always be someone with a higher paying job, with a bigger house or with more education. You need to rise above your ego that tells you that you must compete and attain more than others. You must instead put all your energy into appreciating everything that’s already yours. Apply your best effort in your personal endeavours and look after everything else you have, for instance your strong body, family relations, friendships and even the relationship you have with yourself.
The universe loves knowing how grateful you are. As soon as you put out how much you love what you have, the universe will respond and mirror back more of what you have and want. This is because you are resonating in a high vibration that acknowledges you are confident, free of fear and ready to receive more abundance as your higher consciousness is in touch with the known truth, being that success and prosperity is your divine right and necessary for a fulfilling human experience on this earth.
The Ultimate Art of Self-Care
I can not think of a better goal for 2013 than to take greater care of myself. I think I do a pretty good job of this at the moment, but I know that I can improve by not feeling guilty when I say no to things or just simply, put myself first.
Ways that you can practise the ultimate art of self-care,
- Buy the best quality food you can afford. Your body is a gift and the sum of all it’s functions really deem it as a miracle. Only fuel your body with clean, nutritious food. You were given your body to live in to perform life tasks and learn lessons. Do your best to appreciate it.
- Make time for exercise. Your mind and body crave it. Our bodies were designed to walk, sprint and lift heavy things. If have a sedentary lifestyle your body will not have optimum body composition and you will literally look like someone who sits down all day.
- Spend time in the sun. The sun strengthens your aura in turn boosting your immune system and providing energy.
- Get plenty of sleep. Only you know how much sleep your body needs to function at it’s best. Be sure to sleep enough so you wake up feeling happy and eager to carry out the tasks for the day.
- Delegate jobs. Whether it’s at home or in the office, share your workload with others. Do not burden yourself with so much work that you know you don’t have time for.
- Speak up. Tell your partner, family member or friend what is really on your mind. Do not bottle up your emotions because this will only turn to resentment, which will eventually cause disease. You do not want that.
- Strive for the best. Success is your divine right. We all came here to succeed and go from strength to strength. Whoever you believe to be your creator, know that they want you to enjoy life, not the other way around.
- Do not criticise yourself, ever. Each time you put yourself down you are not loving yourself. Focus on thinking positive things and know how great you are.
- Do not criticise others. What you put out comes straight back. If you speak nicely of people and treat them with kindness you will attract this into your life, but remember, you must believe that you deserve this and abolish all fear associated with not being worthy for it to come back to you.
- Make your dreams your reality. Listen to what you really want. Go after what you truly deeply desire in life and live it for yourself. Live your life the way you want, do not listen to others.
Being true to yourself is the corner stone for the art of ultimate self-care. This means being in touch with your real self, which endeavours to extend/receive love and to also fulfil goals and ambitions. Passion is the driving force of life and directs you to doing what makes you happy. Never deny yourself of partaking in interests that bring you the most joy and make no excuses for your choices.
You only have one life so make sure you create one you love to live.