Once you have done your research and have learnt the life-changing benefits of eating paleo, you will start to view food as fuel and a way to nourish and love your physical body.
Organic chicken and vegetable casserole.
Buy as many organic ingredients as you can. All the herbs and spices I use are organic to ensure they are gluten free and 100% pure from other fillers and manufacturing processes.
- Organic (or free-range if you are on a budget) chicken
- 1 Leek
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Celery sticks
- 2-3 Crushed garlic cloves
- Fresh ginger
- 2-3 Bay leafs
- Cayenne pepper
- Cumin powder
- Himalayan rock salt
- Organic butter & or organic coconut oil
Grain Free Pizza
Below is the recipe I followed. However, I added almond meal with the coconut flour. I tried making it once with only coconut flour and the base fell apart and didn’t go crunchy. I also used organic coconut cream instead of whole milk as I didn’t have any organic milk. I rubbed organic butter over the baking paper and the base did not stick. It turned out perfectly!
Servings: 1 small pizza
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 cup whole milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Beat eggs in a medium sized bowl. Mix in milk and garlic.
Add remaining ingredients and beat into the milk mixture. The dough will be thinner in consistency then regular dough (more like a batter). Add just a bit more coconut flour if needed. The dough needs to be spreadable and thin but not extremely liquid-y like pancake batter.
Spread thinly and evenly on a pizza pan or cookie sheet lined with greased parchment paper (parchment paper is a must require!! This sticks terribly!).
Bake for 12-20 minutes in preheated oven. Crust is done when fully cooked through and bottom edges begin to brown.
Remove crust from oven and turn over. Carefully peel parchment paper from the bottom of the crust and place crust back on parchment paper with the bottom side up.
Top your pizza with sauce and whatever else you would like. Bake for another 5-10 minutes, depending on the toppings.
Recipe sourced from http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/index.cfm/2010/1/15/herbed-gluten-free-coconut-flour-pizza-crust written by Jennifer
Salt & Pepper Pan Fried Calamari
- Squid sourced from an area of the ocean that you know is clean and not over fished
- About 2 tablespoons of organic cold pressed coconut oil
- Gluten free rice crumbs
- Organic or free range eggs
- Himalayan rock salt
- Stainless steel fry pan. Stay away from teflon and aluminium, they are toxic to your body!
Prepare two bowls, one with the whisked eggs and the other with the rice crumbs.
Place the sliced squid into the egg then coat with rice crumbs.
Place in fry pan with melted & heated organic coconut oil.
Cook until rice crumbs become brown and season with salt, pepper and lemon.
A vinaigrette rocket salad goes perfectly with this dish!
Free Range Chicken Patties on Portobello Mushrooms
- Organic cold-pressed coconut oil
- Finely chopped onion, galic and ginger
- Organic or free-range chicken
- Brown mushrooms
- Thinly sliced carrots
- Bok choy
- Organic turmeric , cayenne pepper and himalayan rock salt.
Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Organic coconut oil
- Garlic, onion plus organic tumeric & organic cayenne pepper
Sauté garlic and chicken with organic coconut oil/butter. When chicken is half cooked add vegetables & spices. Stir till vegetables are slightly softened. Add boiling water and then turn heat to low and simmer until reduced.