The secret to luminous, glowing skin is eating fats. Consuming lots of organic fats like coconut oil and butter throughout the day is the road to radiant, beautiful skin.
One way to avoid pre-mature ageing is by steering clear of sugar and other toxic, processed foods. My love of chocolate has decreased dramatically since I learnt that sugar causes wrinkles by attaching to collagen fibres and breaking them.
Organic coconut oil and cold-pressed nut oils such as macadamia oil are a great face mask to wear overnight. Manuka honey mixed with organic, full fat cream leaves your skin amazingly nourished, smooth and stunning.
For more natural beauty tips visit https://paleolover.wordpress.com/paleo-beauty/
Stay clean and beautiful with Paleo.
- You hang around a different group of people for the first time who eat sandwiches, ice-cream and drink cheap coffee out of polystyrene cups. (which is extremely toxic by the way!) and you find them strange!
- You read the label on every type of packaged food, even bagged spinach (to check for nitrogen and other chemicals!)
- You turn your nose up at conventional fast food and would rather go hungry for a few hours and wait until you reach home to eat something.
- Everything you want to eat requires you to make it from scratch!
- You have a thousand recipes on how to make Paleo desserts and little tricks to make food extra special.
- You believe that people who eat hydrogenated toxic oils, such as canola and vegetable oil are basically signing their own death certificate!
- You cringe when you see a baby or small child eat McDonalds.
- You only shop in the perimeter of your supermarket and hardly ever venture down the aisles!
- You find sugar and all it’s ill-fated consequences extremely off-putting!
- Sleep in a pitch black room is one of your top priorities. You hate interrupted sleep!
Comment below with your own theories!
Our primal ancestors lived off the land. They were intuitive, highly skilled hunters and gatherers. Food was natural, chemical free and unaltered. Fortunately your DNA has only evolved 1% since this era dating back 10,000 years ago. You can use this knowledge to your advantage and only consume food that you know will allow optimum gene expression.
So what is natural, chemical free food? Clean food is whole and unaltered, for instance, fresh vegetables pulled out of the ground or full fat, raw milk.
It does not include
- Rancid, hydrogenated oils like canola oil, vegetable oil and other seed oils.
- Processed, packaged food.
- Processed food containing sugar in the form of fructose, high fructose corn syrup, evaporated cane sugar…any form of refined, toxic sugar!
- Food that contains artificial sweeteners, preservatives and colours.
- Any food that is genetically modified. Do your research and be informed. Do not believe scientists who tell you that GMO is safe. Your body does not agree with food that has altered DNA. You do not need a special qualification to figure this out.
- Animals that are fed grains and injected with an array of anti-biotics and hormones. Cows for example evolved by eating grass. If you eat grain fed beef you will not be as healthy as you should be as the cow you eat was sick. Moreover, our primal ancestors ate wild animals that contained no injected toxins.
Keep the above points in mind and share this article with your family and friends.
The path to a disease free life and lean body is this simple. Avoid all the above like the plague and if it grew in the ground, walked on the earth or flew in the sky then eat it. Ditch the government endorsed food pyramid that was funded by the agricultural industry, which is designed to make you unhealthy and fat. Look back to behaviours in our human history to realise what you need to do to be effortlessly healthy and have optimum body composition.
The Paleo approach to eating and living is the only sure fire way to live in a body that is full of energy, health and vitality. Make the change right now and you can start to see a difference in as little as a matter of days.