Ok Paleo friends, I know most of us have done our research and are well aware about the great cholesterol myth! Cholesterol DOES NOT cause heart disease! Back in the 1950s Ancel Keys put forward the lipid hypothesis. The short clip below will fill you in on Keys and his findings.
There are FOUR indicators that cause heart disease and premature death.
- Inflammation. Chronic inflammation of cells places stress on your vascular system and eventually leads to disease.
- Oxidation. Damage to cells, protein and fatty lipid structures such as hormones will eventually lead to disease.
- Sugar. Infringes on efficient functioning of every metabolic process in your body, for various physiological reasons. Excess and constant sugar consumption will eventually lead to disease.
- Stress. This response to internal and external stressors raises stress hormones in turn causing cells to age and this process feeds almost any form of infirmity. Constant, elevated stress will eventually lead to disease and can be the biggest killer of the lot.
How can you eliminate your risk factors for heart disease and other metabolic diseases?
Eat, live and breath Paleo!
Paleo is not a diet, it is a lifestyle. Paleo eating is extensive and there is no limit to how many recipes you can devise or how delicious your food can taste. Food that was present 10,000 years ago and food that is IN SEASON is what you should be eating! Why? Because it is embedded in your DNA. Our bodies evolved on this food and so making such choices will enable optimum gene expression. An abundance of organic fats, vegetables, fruits, animal protein and water should be the only thing on your menu.
A little word on stress…Our ancestors knew how to prevent stress and reduce it before it became a problem. This is because they knew that living in a stressful state was not advantageous for survival, staying alive and being a valuable member of any tribe. In this modern day world it is important to do things daily to reduce stress.
- Practise yoga, Pilates and stretch everyday.
- Meditate daily.
- Do the things you love. Always make time to fulfil your interests and passions.
- Be true to yourself. Only make choices that resonate with your core values and make you truly happy.
- Speak up. Let others know how you are feeling. Don’t bottle your emotions.
- Nurture close relationships with family and friends. They are your support network and will be there for you to turn to when you are stressed and need help.
- Practice gratitude daily. At the end of each day write a list of everything you are grateful for. This simple exercise will also help attract abundance and positivity in your life. Do it before you go to bed and you will fall asleep feeling peaceful and optimistic about the future.
So there you have it. Now you know the REAL causes of heart disease and premature death. Tell everyone you know, family and friends. Go buy some organic butter and organic coconut oil right now and put it on your vegetables and meat, because fats are essential for the absorption of vitamin A,D,E and K AND for healthy cell structure and hormone production. Cholesterol is an AMAZING thing. It is a powerful antioxidant in the body and vital for the integrity of every cell in the body. I love cholesterol and I am grateful for it’s anti-oxidative, protective qualities. I wouldn’t be alive without it.
Read more about these four causes here http://jonnybowdenblog.com/cholesterol-myth/