Something I realised this morning while I was walking.
There is never a loss without a gain. So when something goes wrong you have to ask ‘how does it serve me’.
Looking back at my past experiences I realise I have gone through a lot of pain, but I also received a lot of positives. Whenever I feel anxiety about something that I think might cause me more loss than pleasure based on past experiences, I have to neutralise past memories by realising all the positives I received from the event until the positives outweigh the negatives, and the negatives dissolve.
I know that fear is an imbalanced perspective because there are no one sided events. I realise that there is nothing to feel anxious about because no matter what happens I will be able to handle it and I will receive a gain.
Moreover, I decided that being happy is a choice, so no outside event can ever take it away from me.
I can not think of a better goal for 2013 than to take greater care of myself. I think I do a pretty good job of this at the moment, but I know that I can improve by not feeling guilty when I say no to things or just simply, put myself first.
Ways that you can practise the ultimate art of self-care,
- Buy the best quality food you can afford. Your body is a gift and the sum of all it’s functions really deem it as a miracle. Only fuel your body with clean, nutritious food. You were given your body to live in to perform life tasks and learn lessons. Do your best to appreciate it.
- Make time for exercise. Your mind and body crave it. Our bodies were designed to walk, sprint and lift heavy things. If have a sedentary lifestyle your body will not have optimum body composition and you will literally look like someone who sits down all day.
- Spend time in the sun. The sun strengthens your aura in turn boosting your immune system and providing energy.
- Get plenty of sleep. Only you know how much sleep your body needs to function at it’s best. Be sure to sleep enough so you wake up feeling happy and eager to carry out the tasks for the day.
- Delegate jobs. Whether it’s at home or in the office, share your workload with others. Do not burden yourself with so much work that you know you don’t have time for.
- Speak up. Tell your partner, family member or friend what is really on your mind. Do not bottle up your emotions because this will only turn to resentment, which will eventually cause disease. You do not want that.
- Strive for the best. Success is your divine right. We all came here to succeed and go from strength to strength. Whoever you believe to be your creator, know that they want you to enjoy life, not the other way around.
- Do not criticise yourself, ever. Each time you put yourself down you are not loving yourself. Focus on thinking positive things and know how great you are.
- Do not criticise others. What you put out comes straight back. If you speak nicely of people and treat them with kindness you will attract this into your life, but remember, you must believe that you deserve this and abolish all fear associated with not being worthy for it to come back to you.
- Make your dreams your reality. Listen to what you really want. Go after what you truly deeply desire in life and live it for yourself. Live your life the way you want, do not listen to others.
Being true to yourself is the corner stone for the art of ultimate self-care. This means being in touch with your real self, which endeavours to extend/receive love and to also fulfil goals and ambitions. Passion is the driving force of life and directs you to doing what makes you happy. Never deny yourself of partaking in interests that bring you the most joy and make no excuses for your choices.
You only have one life so make sure you create one you love to live.