If you are serious about having the body of your dreams you must make changes in all areas of your life!
When toxins and chemicals the environment become absorbed into your body they get stored in your fat cells as these cells act as a protective substance.
Organic or natural cosmetics and personal care products, in combination with organic, natural whole foods free of toxins will help you get loose fat, stay lean AND prevent disease! Such chemicals disrupt the functioning of hormones and their consequent enzyme activity and metabolism. For instance chemicals from cosmetics, personal care products and plastics act as xenoestrogens in the body, leading to excess fat storage around the hips, glutes and legs. This is something that can absolutely be avoided! Use http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ to see how safe your products are.
On this page I list my favourite make-up brands, home-made skin and hair treatments and other natural beauty tips and tricks.
My favourite products that I use every day…
- Suvana certified organic mascara in cleopatra black. This is definitely the best mascara I have ever used. The pigments are strong and I cannot tell the difference between this and my expensive Lancome Hypnose mascara. Actually, the real difference is that the Suvana mascara leaves your lashes nourished and helps them grow. Other mainstream products like the Lancome mascara are full of alcohol and leave your lashes dry and brittle. http://www.suvanabeauty.com
- Inka cosmetics certified organic liquid concealer. This concealer is easy to apply, blends well and a little bit goes a long way. When you start to eat clean with an abundance of fats, your skin will be clear and it will glow. I only use a small amount of concealer and no foundation.
- Inka cosmetics certified organic eyeliner. I love this eyeliner and I can tell you it is also the best eyeliner I have ever used. It glides on easily and the colours are fantastic. If you are putting anything this close to your eyes make sure it is organic. http://inika.com.au/index.php
- Jane Iredale mineral pressed blush. This has a safe rating on ewg’s skincare database. It blends well with a brush, lasts for most of the day and has great colour pigments.
- Jane Iredale mineral pressed face powder. I also love this product because it has a safe rating on ewg’s skincare database, applies easily, blends well, is relatively long-wearing and looks natural.
- Jane Iredale pressed eye shadow and eye colour creams. Excellent application, all products blend extremely well with strong, vibrant pigments. https://janeiredale.com/au/en.htm
Quick tips to a luminous complexion and silky soft hair
- Last thing at night smooth organic rose-hip oil over your face and let it absorb for a few minutes. Then smooth organic cold pressed coconut oil over your skin and go to sleep. Wash off in the morning. Organic coconut oil and good quality honey will also help get rid of acne.
- Cold-pressed macadamia nut oil makes an excellent all over body moisturiser and gives your skin a nice sheen. It also delivers great moisture to hair. Use as a hair mask together with some olive oil for silky soft hair.
- Mix mango, honey and full-fat cream for an indulgent face and body mask.
- Body brush your entire body with a natural bristle brush twice a day to help eliminate toxins and cellulite. Start from the feet and work your way up in short firm strokes.
- Regular microdermabrasion is a chemical free, effective way to exfoliate your skin, reduce fine lines and prevent premature ageing.